Fungi can live everywhere. As a result, these microscopic spores often present in air, soil and on plants as well as on human skin. In fact, anyone will have a fungal infection.
Meanwhile, these infections will develop beneath layers of the skin, bones, muscles, and connective tissues. Infections that begin within the lungs and spread to the blood. Apart from, these are carried throughout the entire body.
First of all, let’s take a look at common symptoms, causes, and types of fungal infections.
Symptoms of Fungal Infections:
Symptoms of fungal infections depend upon the type of infection you have and need to know these 4 symptoms of your fungal infections.
- Redness on the affected area
- Cracking the skin
- Itching and burning sensations
- The skin may scale and stinging
Causes of Fungal Infections:
These are the most common causes of fungal infections that people experience.
- Mostly if affected the weekend immune system(diabetes, pregnancy and other medical conditions)
- Tight clothing
- Poor nutrition
Types of Fungal Infections:
Here we help you to find out the types of fungal infections. May include,
1) Ringworm: Ringworm is one type of common fungal skin infection that causes a red, itchy, and circular rash on your affected area. It mostly occurs on the upper arms, neck, back, and chest. Especially on the palms and may also affect your scalp.
2) Nail Infections: Nail infection is a type of fungal infection that affects the nails. It makes your nails brittle and changes the colour into yellow or brown.
3) Athlete’s foot: Athlete’s foot is a fungal infection that affects your feet, and this infection spread easily. During this time, the infection skin may look like dry, scaly, and red. Moreover, the fungi grow between your toes and soles of your feet.
4) Candidiasis: Candida is a type of fungus or yeast. It causes infection in your mouth as well as on your skin. This kind of infection is also called candidiasis (source). It affects the lips, throat, gut, and vagina.
4 Powerful Herbs That Treat Fungal Infections:
Fungal infections make your skin red, scaly, and itchy. Traditionally, the surprising health benefits of these herbs provide a natural cure to inhibit the growth of fungi on your skin. Moreover, these herbs are absolutely safe and harmless.
1) Cinnamon Treats Fungal Infections(Dalchina Chekka)
Antifungal and antibacterial properties of cinnamon powder and oil used for various medicines to treat skin disorders. As well as it can able to reduce the inflammation, redness and fungal infections on your skin.
Cinnamon also packed with powerful antioxidants that ease different kinds of swellings and fight against free radicals on your skin. The fragrant spice was rich in iron, fiber and calcium. In addition, the powder of cinnamon reduces the growth of candida and prevent the risk of ringworm as well as nail infections.
Let see other health benefits of cinnamon for your overall health.
- Many health benefits of cinnamon help to speed up your metabolism and reduce your blood sugar levels.
- The antibacterial qualities of cinnamon keep your mouth clean and promote healthy teeth. Moreover, it will cure your bad breathe and prevent the risk of gum infections.
- Cinnamon is a miracle cure for allergies, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral qualities of cinnamon repairs tissue damages and fights against harmful infections.
- Intake of cinnamon water provides relief from joint pains or arthritis. Having warm cinnamon water helps to slow down the effects of menstrual cramps.
- Cinnamon extracts reduce the growth of cancer cells and fight against heart attacks. Furthermore, this healthy spice improves the function of your brain. Other health benefits of cinnamon for your overall health.
2) Oregano oil Cures Fungal Infections(Carom Seeds)
Image source: skinromeo
Carom seeds work as a natural medicine to treat various health problems. The insecticide and fungicidal qualities of carom oil help to reduce the risk of fungal infection on your toenails and other parts of your body.
The presence of thymol and carvacrol compounds in carom seeds inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi on your skin. Moreover, carom oil reduces ringworm infections and candidiasis on your skin. Intake of carom seeds provides amazing health benefits for your overall health.
Let’s look at the surprising benefits of carom seeds for your common health.
- Laxative properties of carom seeds improve your digestive system and good to cure acidity.
- Carom oil is high in antioxidants and minerals, thus help to improve the blood circulation to the scalp and stimulate the health of your hair.
- Regular taking of carom seeds reduce the chances of asthma, cold, cough and influenza (source).
- The essential oils in carom seeds improve your immune system and provide relief from headache, toothache, sore throat and mouth ulcers.
- Carom seeds are very good to control your diabetes and increase milk production in breastfeeding mothers.
3) Curcuma longa For Fungal Infections( Turmeric)
The curcumin in turmeric inhibits the growth of fungi as well as reduce the risk of fungal infections on your skin. Using turmeric in food may also help to protect immune cells and fight against yeast infections in your body. Furthermore, it reduces fungal nail infections, ringworm, candidiasis and athlete’s foot.
Therapeutic, anti-inflammation,anti-fungal, anti-microbial,antioxidant qualities of turmeric is very effective in treating chronic inflammatory conditions. Moreover, this powerful healing spice commonly used in herbal medicine to reduce several conditions.
Let us start the discussion on effective benefits of turmeric for your total fitness.
- The antioxidants powers of turmeric fight with signs of aging, wrinkles and pigmentation. Moreover, it also protects your brain from oxidative stress and reduces the inflammation of nerves in the brain.
- Turmeric is very useful to speed up the healing of wounds, cuts and burns. According to the study, it is very effective to cure psoriasis and eczema symptoms (source).
- Surprising health benefits of turmeric heal your joint pains and muscle pains. Traditionally, it is also the most common ingredient in creams, soaps topical salves and herbal medicine.
- Turmeric aids in improving your blood circulation and promote good liver health.
- Soothing nature of turmeric provides instant relief from digestion. It helps to manage your bloating and gas symptoms.
4) Cocos nucifera Reduces Fungal Infections(Coconut)
Coconut oil rich in fatty acids thus act as fungicides to kill harmful bacteria on your affected skin area. Moreover, the powerful health benefits of lauric acid (source) in coconut oil fight against pathogens such as bacteria, fungi and viruses. Lauric acid also prevents different kinds of fungal infections such as candidiasis, athlete’s foot, fungal nail infections and ringworm.
The presence of caprylic acid in coconut oil also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal qualities and it helps to reduce the bacterial and fungal infections on your skin. For your well being, it creates a hostile environment for harmful viruses.
Here I help you to find out the amazing health benefits of coconut oil for your entire health.
- The unique fats in the coconut oil help to treat unhealthy qualities in your hair. To further, these essential proteins improve your damaged hair and keep your scalp from dandruff free.
- Virgin coconut oil reduces the symptoms of Psoriasis and Eczema. As well as skincare properties of coconut oil protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Coconut oil also contains healthy saturated fats thus aids in improving heart health and it increases the good cholesterol levels in your body. Pure coconut oil helps to protect your immune system from fungal infections. It is also necessary for your bone health and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- The presence of ketone in coconut oil boosts your brain function as well as reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
Conclusion: In this article, we discussed the powerful herbs for your fungal
infections. Herbs mentioned above naturally cure your infections and create a hostile environment for harmful viruses. Apart from, these herbs help to inhibit the growth of fungi and reduce the risk of skin infections.
Author Bio: Sarika Maartha is a regular contributor to Zealous Health. She is passionate about writing articles on natural health, food, beauty, fitness, and well being. She believes in a healthy habit that helps to boost the physical appearance and mental health. Once you adapt a healthier lifestyle, you won’t change your decision.