Just to let you know, if you buy something featured here, Herbs Natura might earn an affiliate commission.
Wondering why everyone promotes Black Maca? Let’s dive in.
If you are not familiar with Maca, please visit the following page: Three good reasons why you should try Maca. If, after reading basics about Maca, you are still interested in finding out more about Black Maca root, welcome back to this article.
For You, who already know all about Maca, but wondering if Black Maca is right for you, keep reading.
Maca has been referred to as natural ginseng for its ability to boost vitality, strength and energy. It is also believed to be an immunostimulant, a hormone balancer, a cure for protein deficiency, shown to have antidepressant activity. This edible root comes in a range of colors including red, yellow, black, cream, grey, purple, yellow-and-purple.
So, why do Maca colors matter, you might ask?
The various colors of maca root have a few differences, specific and unique benefits. For example, animal studies have shown that red maca has particular power as a protector of the prostate gland when comparing the strengths of red, yellow, and black maca. Yellow and black maca, on the other hand, are stronger as modulators of sperm count.
Black maca, in particular, has the strongest effects on spermatogenesis as reported by PubMed.gov in a study done by J. Nieto and colleagues that were published in the October 2006 issue of “Andrologia.” Black maca was shown to improve sperm count in just one day after treatment with the sperm count remaining higher over the entire 12 days. In addition, animal studies show that black maca improves learning, although how it does this is still unknown. Here are the possible benefits of black maca:
- Black Maca is considered the strongest in energy-promoting properties. Increases physical strength, stamina & energy.
- Improving sperm production & mobility. The greatest effect on spermatogenesis was observed with the ethyl acetate fraction of the hydroalcoholic extract of black maca. Black Maca and in minor proportion yellow maca are the varieties responsible to increase sperm count and sperm motility whereas red maca had no effect.
- Different pieces of evidence suggest that maca, particularly black maca, improves learning and memory.
- Helping nourish, regulate, & feed the entire endocrine system.
- Promoting hormonal balance in men & women of all ages.
- Reducing menopausal symptoms & hot flashes.
- Combating erectile dysfunction.
- Reducing depression.
- It has adaptogenic properties.
- Decreasing thyroid & fibromyalgia issues.
- Increasing fertility in men & women.
Time to buy your black maca? Check out the Maca products here: Black Maca Powder (gluten free).