Sexual enhancement products are becoming increasingly popular among both men and women. Problems with sexual functionality seem to affect more and more of the population regardless of their age. While some have low libido due to a nutritional deficiency and hormonal imbalance (oestrogen deficiency), others might experience low or no sex drive because of an unbalanced diet, extended usage of strong medications, chronic medical problems, disease, or stress.
If stress is a reason for having low libido and a low sex drive, then it is no wonder why there is such an interest in sexual enhancing herbs. With all the obligations, demands and social expectations, no wonder there are more people around the world suffering from a low sexual performance.
One can improve sexual functioning by getting rid of stress, but it isn’t that easy, and it will not happen so fast. Some medication can also aid the problem, but as known, medicine does not come cheap. In addition to being extremely expensive, most of the medications leave some side effects. Which is why herbs are popular. However, herbs are not to be taken without caution. As every other healing substances, herbs need to be respected, and you need to know which herb to take, why and how much. Particular attention is required if a person is on medications.
Six Effective Sexual Enhancement Herbs
- Pygeum – Pygeum africanum is native to Africa. Its bark has been used medicinally for thousands of years to treat different health problems one being to enhance sexual functioning. However, being an endangered species, this plant is under protection.
- Tribulus Terrestris Herb – This herb contains protodioscin which is the main constituent believed to be responsible for the plant’s effects on libido.
- Withania or Ashwagandha Herb – Helps improve male sexual performance.
- Damiana – This is a lady herb traditionally used for sexual dysfunction or as an aphrodisiac to improve sexual activity.
- Ginseng – Native to Korea and China, ginseng is a well-known remedy to enhance sexual function, sexual desire improves erectile dysfunction and overall intercourse satisfaction.
- Maca or Lepidium Meyenii Peruvian plant – This is a root packed with nutrients. Both men and women can benefit from maca. As an adaptogen, maca helps balance hormones (it enhances possibilities for a woman to get pregnant when using maca).